The P90X plyometrics workout is hard at first, but by the
end of 90 days is definitely doable. And
let’s face it, compared to Insanity its – cute.
My jumps may not be as high as the guys in the video but I have a good
10 to 15 years on them so who cares and there is a real sense of accomplishment
at being able to do the entire minute of ‘hot feet’.
The structure of the workout is particularly good for the
beginning of the program in that the water breaks come regularly and you do
need them. There are sets of moves that
get repeated so if one was a complete bust, you get to try it again. My worst move is ‘rock star jumps’. It may be psychological, but I just can’t get
that one. I also like that many of the
moves have you moving around the floor as opposed to jumping in place. That just keeps it more interesting. However, don’t worry if you have carpet. I do, and I’ve never had a problem or a
moment of stress that I was going to catch on it and take a header into the
mirrored closet door.
This is the hardest of the three cardio workouts in P90X and
Tony recommends replacing it with CardioX is you are not ready for plyometrics. I would say to give this a try first but don’t
compete with the guys in the video. Day
2 of the program this routine makes you sweat.
By day 90, probably not as much. I liked this workout during the P90X program - it was challenging but not in a way that made me dread that it was "plyo day".
No comments:
Post a Comment