When I first started doing P90X, I didn’t love Legs and Back. I honestly don’t know what it was, but I
found myself rushing through the reps so I could say I did 15 reps but it was
honestly more momentum than muscle.
Going back to this routine after a long-ish period of time though, gave
me a new appreciation for it.
There are still moves I don’t like – there is an exercise
that I believe Tony calls the ‘Congdon Curl’ that can be done either in space
or braced against a wall but you are hunched over with your elbow resting
inside and slightly below your knee and then you do a curl. I do it against the wall and it still hurts
my back. Tony is not always great at
describing the correct form for the moves so it does pay to be careful.
The pull-ups, though, have some interesting variations which
I do like and there are some dumbbell- or band- based back moves that are also
good, though I think I still put too much arm into it. I was also able to increase my dumbbell
weight over the course of 90 days which made me feel good – evidence of
increased strength.
There isn’t a move that seems to focus on the inner thigh,
which bums me out as a woman in need of inner thigh exercises. And I wish there was something that focused a
bit on the glute muscles. Overall,
though, this is a good routine that lasts slightly less than 60 minutes. However, it’s also an Ab Ripper X day, so
that pushes the workout to a good hour and fifteen.
No comments:
Post a Comment